LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to draw rotating line like Radar display in labview using line or point fucntion?

Sir,
I am trying to draw rotating line using Line and Point function in Labview.
i am simulating the radar display by rotating the line around origion.
x=r cos (th)
y=r sin  (th)
where           th=array using i from loop

if any best suggestion then reply me
thanks
Haider

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,680 Views)

Why not use a customised gauge like this... (see attached)

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 2 of 14
(5,657 Views)

sir

I am using labveiw 8.0 so please send me the vi that will open in labview 8.0

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,638 Views)
Here you go, saved in LV8.0 format.
Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,631 Views)
If you really want to do it the 'draw line' way...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,595 Views)
You can also just search the example finder (Help>>Find Examples) for "radar" and look at the example.

the vi that u send me helped lot which rotates a line around like radar . but please tell me how to change the gauage needle to line or other shaples?
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,579 Views)

Right click on the gauge control, select 'Advanced' >> 'Customize...'

Once you are in the 'Customize control' panel, click the 'Change to customize' button (It looks like a spanner).

When you click it, it's image changes to a tweezer and all of the elements of the control can be customized.

Now right click on the needle and you get a list of things you can do to change the needle image including 'import from file'.

Message Edited by Troy K on 06-24-2007 11:40 PM

Message 8 of 14
(5,574 Views)

Hi Troy,

Did you manage to get an imported image to rotate?

This was non-functional in all versions of LV I tried.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 14
(5,529 Views)

Actually what I did in the first example I uploaded was to cut and paste the needle from one guage to another (I liked the needle image better). That worked, but I didn't try it with an imported image.

I tried to import any old image and it does what you described, goes around in circles but doesn't rotate.

It does work if you cut and paste a LabVIEW front panel line decoration (like the arrow). It only seems to know what to do with the single line objects from the LabVIEW environment. Perhaps someone can shed some more light on what exact image format is used? And perhaps what we could use to create our own custom images (don't say photoshop). The windows clipboard viewer indicates it is a dib object (device-independant bitmap?).

Message Edited by Troy K on 06-26-2007 01:54 AM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,524 Views)