Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do reports in labview

can anyone tell me how to do reports in labview? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,623 Views)

Could you be more specitfic??  NI has a great package to do reports. 

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209050

If you don't want to buy it then you'll have to write your own VI...which I did.

It prints out a heading, date, time, Operator number...etc.  These were all part of my requirements.  Its not rocket science but it does take time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,594 Views)

One thing I do when I want my report to look like the silly test specification, without doing any fancy HTML, is to build a Front Panel to match the report I want and print an image of that.

TCPT_MTP-ATP_Report_BD.png

TCPT_MTP-ATP_Report.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,589 Views)

Hello Clint, thanks for your response. Are you able to show me the VI which you did- that would be agreat help, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,548 Views)

Hi Jcarmody- the pictures are incredibly small! Are you able to enlarge them and send me an example VI of how you did the report? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,547 Views)

I'd have to describe what I did as I can't send the code for NDA reasons.  It may take a  while because I have Labview on a standalone only in the lab...no network conn.

Basically it was just using string constants ( the headers and other required info ), concatenating them ( w space constant)  together and outputting them to the easy text vi.( which sent the results to my default printer).  You keep this in a loop and write for as many times as you have data.  It was relatively easy.  My hardest part was I kept getting an error when I tried to output to the printer saying..." no default printer found.."  when I had one.  What the error should have said was my margins weren't set correctly.  If you need an example let me know and I'll try and mod my code.  It wasn't anything fancy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,511 Views)

All you need to make is a VI with a conector pane that takes all of the report information onto the FP.

report.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 7 of 8
(2,493 Views)

This is a lot nicer than what I did but mine data just went to a printer...no displaying to operator and no option to print.  It was printed regardless at the end of the test.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,489 Views)