From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete row in front panel table and also database?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi friends,

I created database table creation for users list. That is working fine. And I also get back the data which is I stored earlier and I displayed table format in front panel. Now I want delete any one row, this is not an order wise, for example now I have one table, it has total 7 rows and 5 columns available. Now I want delete 3rd row by using selecting the row (i.e. click anywhere in that row and press button) that time that row will be delete in database. Then remaining again will be store in the database.

I want this way is this possible or not?

Thanks Advance

Regards

Arunkumar M

India

Note: I am using LabVIEW database connectivity toolkit

Database : Ms access

Sorry for my grammatical mistake

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arun575

@arun575 wrote:

Hi friends,

[...] Now I want delete 3rd row by using selecting the row (i.e. click anywhere in that row and press button) that time that row will be delete in database. Then remaining again will be store in the database.

Rather than storing the data in the database, simply delete the record you deleted from your FP indicator and reload the indicator from the database.  (The first column in my database is named ID - autoindexed, primary key)

Example_VI.png

EDIT - That blue sub-vi is https://lavag.org/files/file/60-array-point-to-rowcol/

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,968 Views)

You do have a primary key on your table right? Always have a primary key.

If you have a primary key you might also consider whether you really want to delete a record. If you delete a record you could also end up deleting all the record relationally associated with that record. Better to have a column called active_user or the like and simply set it to false when someone leaves. To populate your onscreen table you simply add a clause to the query that says: WHERE active_user = 1

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,936 Views)

Thanks for replies .......

I got answer.......

Thanks again.......