LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete a method from a class

I'm using LV 8.20 and I've developed a class with a number of methods.  I had a Read method that I later copied into three more specific methods (Read_Point, Read_Port, Read_Word) so as to not have to pass so many parameters.  Anyway, the original Read method still exists, but I want to delete it.  I cannot find a way to delete it.  If I right-click it, the Delete is not visible.  If I go to explorer, I can delete the VI, but then the VI under the class (within the project) says "Cannot find file".  Any thoughts on how to remove this method?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,564 Views)

Have you seen this link.  Not sure,

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0F4C6DF59C889919862568E9005B4E7E

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/using_classes/

Not sure if this will provide the solution

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,559 Views)
Those are good links.  However, I'm not using the Endevo GOOP Wizard.  I'm using the LV8.20 classes.  The VIs aren't contained in a LLB as is the case with GOOP Wizard.  Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,549 Views)

I have not had time to play with LV 8.2 but hope to try this week.  I will see if I can find a solution to your issue.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,543 Views)
Thank you for posting this question in a discussion forum.

In an attempt to help you resolve this issue, allow me to ask a couple of questions.  First of all, where is it that you are attempting to delete the Read method?  You mentioned that the delete option is grayed out - is this within a project explorer or some other environment?  Secondly, you mentioned that the VI under the class in the project says "Cannot find file."  Which VI, in particular, are you speaking of?  And are you wanting to completely delete the method, or simply remove something from a project explorer window for the future?

It would be very helpful if you could capture a screenshot or two of the behavior that you're experiencing - this way we'd have a better idea of exactly how you're wanting to delete the method and where the hang-up is.

Thank you so much again for the question, and we'll hopefully find a solution quickly!

Peter

Peter L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,516 Views)