LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to customize the fifo in sbrio 9642

i am using sbRIO 9642 for controlling the speed of the fan on sound and vibration signal simulator against vibrations

i want to use FIFO  buffer in order to collect those data poitns 

how can i customize the fifo

below are the snapshots of the pop up windows...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,498 Views)

What do you want to do exacty with this FIFO ? What is the general architecture of your application ? Do you need to use a DMA FIFO to transfer data from FPGA to Host (RT code) ? Or is it just a FIFO to transfer data inside FPGA code ?

What are the specifications about the input signal ? (range, precision)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,465 Views)

i am acquiring the vibrations from a analog channel of sbrio and and want to perform FFT of that signal so thats why i wanted to use FIFO

i am using FIFO to transfer data inside FPGA code

input signal is of 2.4567.... voltage signal

the integer part is constant. only decimal units are varying and my precision is "6" digits

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,456 Views)

About your FIFO configuration :

1) For "general" tab information, you can leave the default parameters (as shown in your snapshot). You probably do not need a 1024 element FIFO (most of time it's not useful using a "deep" FIFO, a few elements can be enough). If you really want to optimize the use of resources (especially the memory used for FIFO implementation in your case), we need to have a look at your code.

2) For "data type" tab information, this configuration should be OK : FXP < + 22 , 2 >

As you can see below, it is OK with the specification you gave to me (range and precision).

DataType.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,445 Views)

I think this lien can help you http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11198/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,315 Views)