cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a status column in table

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everybody 

i am trying to create a status column in table in frontview panel. I have attached some image with it to make it clear what i want to say.plz tell me how to create the active status column in the table.

i want to make it show green for safety stock and red for below safety stock.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,704 Views)

What do you have so far in terms of your LabVIEW Front Panel?

You can do what you're trying to do with an array of clusters. The cluster in the array could have a boolean that turns green on True and red on False, or you could even do it with colorboxes:

Colorbox Array.PNG

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,698 Views)

You can use a multicolumn listbox rather than a table.  This control allows you to select an item symbol.  There is not a huge selection of symbols to choose from so you will most likely want to add a custom symbol or two.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1AB08615E1FA73E8862574C2003806D5

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,676 Views)

Try this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,632 Views)

hlo paul i cant open the vi because that is of 14 version and i am using 13.can you send me the screen shot please.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,594 Views)

Here it is for LV13

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,553 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Here it is for LV13

hi paul

Sorry ,i couldn't get what this vi is doing.what i want to do may be clear by the image of my vi.

i have attach image of vi in whis i have a table and in that table i want to create the status column which 111.JPGact like indicator.see..please suggest me any solution like this .so that when ever somebody add the item in the list  a new indicator row generated for itself.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,529 Views)

I don't think you can get the LEDs as such, but you can color the background of that cell according to Status.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,501 Views)

ya  i know that . BUT the problem is that the status keep on chaning so i cant keep it fixed.any alternate solution?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,498 Views)

You can change the color of the background of a cell while your program is running

I do that all the time, to tell the user the status.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,493 Views)