From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a pop up form to enter a new item in the database table

Solved!
Go to solution

hello every one ,

i have one vi that contain a table indicator that read out the data from data base.on the front panel i want to add a button which on clicking pop up a window in which user can add item in tables of database ,the user will fill up the data and click on ok button .on clicking ok button the item will appear in the table of the database.and the window close .

please help me in creating this ok button so that the item can be added into the list after clicking it as well as it will exit the pop up window.

i am sorry if i ask something stupid ,because i am new to labview and using it in my first project .i have googled before about the pop window but all i end up into a mess.please help me .plesae..!!

thanking you ,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,693 Views)

Create a subvi and set the window to 'open front panel when called' and 'close afterwards if originally closed' in the VI properties under 'window appearance' (or use the front panel open / front panel close methods inside your subvi). You will need to use the event structure to detect when someone has clicked the OK button to then add the item to the list. You will probably want a cancel button which just closes the window as well 🙂

You can also turn off scrollbars/menus etc. and set the window to floating/modal to make it look more like a popup dialogue.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 6
(4,668 Views)

hello sam 

i am not clear how to use the event structure still now.i do it but it donot work .Could you give me  a sample vi for making the pop window .please make sure i am using version 13 .please reply me soon

i have attached my vi which i want to make the pop window.Will you create the sample using this vi.

thankyou for your precious advice

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,640 Views)

Hi,

See the attached VIs; I have attached the example to how you can add the row to the table.

My example is not an ideal but will give a quick idea about how you can add the row using pop up window.

Don’t forget to use window appearance as ‘Dialog’.

curreltly my code is only adding the 0th row,

Further you need to see to which row you should add the output of the form ?

Table properties might help you

-
Amit
CLAD
Message 4 of 6
(4,614 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author parii

Also see attached VI here, which I have used for my previous project. From this VI you can get the following ideas,

1. When and how to update the data upon pressing Ok button
  2. This also has cancel button in case of change in decision
  3. Panel close event and further save changes “Yes, No, Cancel”
-
Amit
CLAD
Message 5 of 6
(4,611 Views)

thankyou so much .but before your reply i was succesful in finding my solution,here adding the vi.

@amitwadje wrote:

Also see attached VI here, which I have used for my previous project. From this VI you can get the following ideas,

1. When and how to update the data upon pressing Ok button
  2. This also has cancel button in case of change in decision
  3. Panel close event and further save changes “Yes, No, Cancel”

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,576 Views)