LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a graph of given zig file in labview?

I made an attachment below   a zig file of foot while applying different pressures. The  different intensities  of color shows  the amount of applied pressure.

I have done a small  work on it using LINX.The VI is also attached to it for reference.But I think i wont get as same as zig file.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,201 Views)

Is any information is missing that you cant able to understand ?

Let me know and any clew/help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,136 Views)

@uppalanchu wrote:

I made an attachment below   a zig file of foot while applying different pressures. The  different intensities  of color shows  the amount of applied pressure.

I have done a small  work on it using LINX.The VI is also attached to it for reference.But I think i wont get as same as zig file.

Any help will be appreciated.

• What is a Zig file?  I see a .gif, which seems to have some interesting "dynamic" properties that I don't understand ...  I tried to find information on the Web about this file format, but seemed to retrieve many hits that were, shall we say, beside the point.
  • What is the format of the data that goes into the production of this Zig file?  I'm guessing that you have a 2D array of pressures (and some way to distinguish which points in the 2D space should be ignored because the foot isn't there), and this 2D array is updated at some sampling rate.  I presume you are getting these data from some other source (Arduino, perhaps).
  • What sort of output do you want?  Are you looking to create a time-varying Intensity plot?

Please spend a little more time clarifying the Question, then we might be able to contribute to some Answers.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,118 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I am extremely  sorry, its a .gif image i didnt see it before. My ultimate aim  is to obtain pressure distribution under the foot when person walk/stand by wearing  sole having sensors at critical points as shown in attached file. The position of sensors in the image may vary.I think you might have gone through my VI.I used color ramp in order change intensity according to pressure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,084 Views)

You have not given much information about what you want to do, so I'm going to make a few guesses, and then make some suggestions.

• I gather that you have force sensors arranged either fixed-in-space on a stationary surface where a subject stands, or placed on something attached to the subject directly (so it is in a known position relative to the foot, rather than to the floor).  In any case, the relationship of the sensors to each other is fixed.
  • I assume that you can map the 10-20 (I'm guessing numbers here) sensors to a fixed set to integer coordinates.  I'm specifying integer coordinates because I want to make a 3D graph where the X-Y plane are the (integer) coordinates of the sensors and the Z value is related to the force recorded by the sensor.
  • I assume that you have a way of getting an array of 10-20 "force numbers" for your sensors, and that this comes in at some regular rate, say 10 samples/second (where by "sample" I mean a single reading from all of the sensors).

Let's say these assumptions are reasonable.  Let's also say that it makes sense to map your sensor coordinates onto a 300 by 300 array, which could be the X-Y position of the sensor in millimeters.  [The size of the array isn't too important, as long as (a) the actual dimensions are big enough to contain your array of sensors and (b) the number of points is "reasonable" given the precision with which you need to locate these points.  Note that a 30 by 30 array, where each point represents a centimeter, might be more appropriate.]

So now you have 10-20 numbers from your sensors.  Create an array of 300 by 300 (or 30 by 30) values, most of which are 0 (because there is no sensor there), and the 10-20 points representing your sensor locations have (positive) values corresponding to the recorded force.  Now plot this array as an Intensity Graph, using an appropriate Color Map to render the different forces as different colors.  Note that you'll get 10-20 single points lighting up on what should be a sea of black (if you mapped 0 to black).  If you need something prettier, you could replace the single point with a Gaussian centered on the point with a standard deviation of a few points -- play with this to see how it looks.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,064 Views)

Thank you for your valuable suggestions,
The suggestions made by you is like when a force is applied, the z-axis will raise to certain height according to its appropriate pressure of some sensor in an array of a matrix. It shows the degree of force acting on a sensor in 3D. I didn't get that how can I get pressure distribution ? Can I have sample VI?Till then I will do my best to obtain that graph.The attached figure may be taken as reference. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,032 Views)
And also my Z axis is not constant.It varies continuously with time. Is it possible to make plot?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,025 Views)