LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control the subvi front panel

Hi

I have a problem with the control of main and subvi front panel. In the main vi, I have to send data to subvi continuously. When I click one control button in the main front panel, I would like to show the subvi front panel, and click one control button of the subvi front panel, I would like to close the subvi front panel, but I still want to send data to the subvi to record the data. How can I do this function? The sample program is attached as follows.
Thanks for your help.
Fred
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,327 Views)
Hey Fred,

There are two different VI Server properties that I think may be useful to you. If you haven't used VI Server before here's a link to some general information on it.
Programmatically Controlling LabVIEW
VI Server basically allows you to programmatically control a VI.

One property that may be helpful to you is the Execution:Show Front Panel On Call Property. This property will allow you from your main VI to control whether a subVI's front panel is shown when it's called. Another property is the Front Panel Window:State Property. This property determines the state of the front panel of a VI. For example, y
ou can make the front panel of a VI hidden. Please refer to the help for these properties for more information about them.

I hope this helps!

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,327 Views)