LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect the user prompt input terminal to the connector pane

hi ,
i had a problem in connecting the user prompt input terminal(that was only placed on block diagram and invisible on front panel)to the connector pane,plz help
Regards,
santosh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,285 Views)
Hi,

If it is in the block diagram, then it is a constant... why do you want to connect it to the conector pane?
Only Controls or indicators that are in the front panel can be connected there.
If you want to connect that variable to the connector pane, then create a control of it and then you will be able to connect it.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,271 Views)
i had created a vi that calculates the reversal of a number by taking the input from user ,at run time(prompting the user),now i would like to use this vi as subvi in another application but i was struck while trying to connect the terminals ,is there any chance of completing the connector pane without altering the input pattern
Regards,
santosh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,270 Views)
If you want to prompt the user to input the number to calculate the reversal, then you don't need to connect anything to the connector pane, when your sub-vi is called, the pop-up window will appear.
If you want to use it to calculate the reverse of a value that is in you main vi, then you will have to change you sub-vi a little bit: replace your user pop-up function by a numeric control and connect that numeric conrtol to the connector pane.

Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,264 Views)
If you have a subVI that prompts for a number, it needs a numeric output connector so the entered value is avialiable in the calling program later. It seems that so far, your dialog subVI only contains a control, which can only be an input connector.
Create an indicator for your input and assign it to the output connector.

I don't think your question is very clear. Why don't you attach a simple example of your problem, it would help tremendously? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,258 Views)