LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure EL- flow mass flow meter controller to LABview

Hello,

I am new in automation and don't know even basics. I have to configure or connect mass flow meter controller of company called "Bronkhorst" to Labview. I would like to know it from basics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,740 Views)
You need to learn the type of physical connection and protocol for your mfc. As you should have seen in doing a search for Bronkhurst, there are a couple different types and options.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,698 Views)

Hi,
How are you using the flowmeter - Do you have analogue inputs and outputs from it or are you using the RS-232 interface?
If it's the analogue signals you'll require a device such as a DAQ to create and read in the analogue signals.
If it's the RS-232 interface then Bronkhorst have labview drivers available - they have a fully working example in their library.
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=EDF732355D544CFEE0440021287E6E...

Regards,
Joe

Message 3 of 6
(3,692 Views)

I have EL flow prestige type.It has RS232 port. I am trying use RS232 to USB converter to connect it to my PC. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,682 Views)

If you download their driver on my previous link, then in the folder examples, try running Bronkhorst FLOW-BUS Instrument Control Application.vi and that should show you how to use the flowmeter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,671 Views)

Thanks Joe.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,643 Views)