LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change analog output parameters while acquiring analog input ?

hi,

I have a 6062E daq card, running labview 6.1 with windows XP SP2.

I am trying to do the following:

a) acquire several analog waveforms,
b) at the same time generate an output waveform (like function generator)
c) be able to change output parameters like frequency, amplitude etc.. while the program is running
d) save the acquired data to a file when required (while a button is pressed)

i looked at the example supplied (Simul AIAO Buffer (E-series).vi) which does simultaneous buffered analog output and analog input. however, i am unable to change this vi such that i can modify the output waveform parameters while the code is running.

if i attempt to make these changes by a process similar to that shown in function generator.vi, i get NO OUTPUT at all.

i have no idea how to proceed - any clues ? thanks in advance !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,377 Views)
Hi,

I tested an example and it worked. What I did is copied the code from Cont Acq&Graph (buffered).vi, and pasted it in the Function Generator.vi. Then, you are able to acquire on as many channels as you have available, and change the waveform coming out of the analog output channel while the program is running.

You can then add in the saving to file parts, as needed. Try this, and let me know if you can't get it to work. Thanks, and have a Great Day!

George M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,363 Views)
Hi,

I tested an example and it worked. What I did is copied the code from Cont Acq&Graph (buffered).vi, and pasted it in the Function Generator.vi. Then, you are able to acquire on as many channels as you have available, and change the waveform coming out of the analog output channel while the program is running.

You can then add in the saving to file parts, as needed. Try this, and let me know if you can't get it to work. Thanks, and have a Great Day!

George M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,364 Views)
sorry for the two posts!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)