LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to build the cluster of user event refnum

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to understand and copy this sub-VI, but I have problem in building this cluster of user event refnum, and how do I build the local variable?

1.png

\2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,886 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xinghe.W

It sounds like your confusion originates with not knowing how to make a cluster of data, is this an accurate observation?

In order to make a cluster, you need to create an empty cluster and drag/drop new items in to the cluster. In this case, the way to make an event refnum that matches the right datatype, you need to follow these steps:

1. Set up Create User Event with datatype.
  2. Right-click the output and click Create Constant. This constant is now your correct datatype refnum
  3. Drag the new constant to a cluster to add it to the cluster. This could be within your Type Defined data cluster called "Private Events" or another cluster.

If you change the datatype of your event, the wires that connect that event to the data cluster will break because you will have a datatype mismatch.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 3
(3,876 Views)

Aha, that totally solved my problem, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,869 Views)