From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to build an exe with option ?

soryy everybody, my english is pool

i have a  question 

if I have a  vi  with two inputs 'a' and 'b',one output 'c' ,c=a+b

how can i build an exe named 'add.exe',that can output 17 with command 'add.exe -8 -9" ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Hi,

Which version of labVIEW you are using? If it is 8.0 or higher version select Project from the tool bar, New Project>Add Save the project you have created. Right click on Build applications>New>Application(EXE). You can find this only if you have installed application builder or PDS. Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,515 Views)

hi,

i can build exe,but when i open CMD,input 'add.exe -8-9' and press ENTER,there is no anwser

WHY?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,510 Views)

Hi,

I am not gettin you. What does this CMD means? Explain the problem you are facing in brief .Pls post your VI here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,502 Views)

Here's a KB article.  It says "You can reference the arguments in the block diagram by using the Application:Command Line Arguments selection in a property node."

Here's how I did it this morning.

Have a great week.

Jim

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,485 Views)