LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to automatically open a webpage chrome, firefox... in full screen mode

I am programming labview to open some webpages and then record the activities of the mouse and keyboard.  To make sure that it always start at the same size by full screen it.  I use system exe vi and able to open the webpages, but i don't know how to full screen automatically.  If you know how, please let me know.  Thank you.

Son

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,104 Views)

I would create a shortcut to each of the browsers.  Right-click each shortcut and set each one to run in a maximized window.  Then you can simply use System Exec to run the programs in fullscreen mode by calling the shortcuts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,096 Views)

If someone moves or sizes it then it won't work.  There must be a way with System exe in the Command line link \fullscreen.  I'll try it out.

Son

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,075 Views)

There's certainly no standard full-screen command in Windows, because there's no such concept. That's something that each program decides for itself. You could try seeing if the different browsers can process command line switches to open at full screen or whether they have some addons (like GreaseMonkey) which will allow you to automatically run the full-screen command when the browser loads.

Some other alternatives:

1. Simulate an F11 key press.
  2. Send the F11 window message to the browser.
  3. Display the browser in an ActiveX or .NET control on a front panel, the size of which you can control.

(4,071 Views)