LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign multiple functions to a single button

hey,

i finally started coding using tabs and it works. i am though stuck at one button, more button in my entire code. i am attaching the part of the flow diagram i am having problem with.

Previously the image i attached had only four screens n they were linear . Now in this image the more button has to browse through 11 more screens.how do i do this.  what i did is that in page 2  i created one more tab control with tabs-m2,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5 and in page 3 of the main tab i created another tab control with tabs m3,b1,b2,b3,b4,b5,b6. page 1 has screen m1 and page 4 has screen m4.

please help .

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(884 Views)

Never mind. I figured it out!!   Smiley Very Happy Thanks Broken Arrow,aeastet & smercurio_fc for all your help.kudos to all.

Message 12 of 14
(860 Views)

Off Topic as far as a solution for the OP, but kind of the same topic:

When the Mechanical Action of a switch is set to Switch When Released, it can, by default, fire 4 diferent things! See link below.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Micro-Nuggets-Post-em-if-you-got-em/m-p/1297102#M535747

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(839 Views)

Another diversion that might be worth considering in this context is the use of a functional global to keep track the event. If you have an FG, you have the event structure for the button residing in an independent loop outside your state case structure (be sure to assign a wait function inside the main state loop or you might get sluggish responsiveness).  In that independent case structure, you can set an FG when the button is pressed.  In the main state loop, poll the FG for a button push.  

The advantage this has over an increment is that this approach will allow the user to jump from one page to another out of order (say  using a Page# textbox with an enter button or on a value change in the box itself), whereas an increment requires the user to move from one page to the next in the sequence.

If you're having trouble picturing this structure I can post a jpg later (I'm in a hurry right now, so I don't have time to snag it).  This approach comes in handy in the CLD  certification test prep materials (ATM example test question).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(767 Views)