LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to acquire data from the memory of multimeter

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a beginner of Labview. I don't know how to acquire data from the memory of multimeter.

I read some examples about DAQ, but it seems not similar to my case. I can't use DAQ in my computer, as I don't have DAQ board.

Could anybody give me some guide? Similar examples would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,121 Views)

Hi fragrance2008,

what type of device do you use? How is it connected to your pc?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,115 Views)
you would still need a device inorder for it to communicate with the computer. the type of device you are using will be helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,112 Views)

I use 3458A multimeter. It is connected with Agilent GPIB 82357A interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,102 Views)

Hi fragrance2008,

you can get the driver for this device here.

There is also an examle in it, which shows how you can work with it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,097 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. 🙂

I downloaded the examples and I would read through them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,094 Views)

Hi Mike,

I have another problem. 

After I installed the instrument drivers for Agilent 3458a multimeter, I tried to open the examples under agilent 3458, but there is error message:

Error occurred at VISA open in agilent 3458 lvlib: Initialize.vi -> agilent 3458 Acquire Single(math) Measurementr.vi.

Possible reasons: The given session or object reference is invalid.

What is the problem? I use Labview 9.0, and Visa 4.5.1.  Could it be  incompatible problems?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,071 Views)

Confirm that you have the VISA Run Time Engine on the target machine. If you do not have it installed, you can install the VISA Run Time Engine from ni.com.

Error -1073807346 Using VISA When Running LabVIEW Executable On Target Computer

Message Edited by Mathan on 10-12-2009 07:11 AM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,066 Views)

Hey Mathan,

I have already updated the VISA Run Time Engine to 4.6 version on my working compute. Still thesame error message appears when I try to run the example.

By the way, I installed the instrument drivers which seems to be used in labview 8, but I use labview 9. Could that be the reason for the error?

Driver type: Plug and Play (project-style).  I am not sure it is correct or not.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,050 Views)

Hello,

You would see this error if you are not running the top level VI. If you have a reference that is an input on the connectors then you would get this error. If this is not true then look in your code and see what is trowing this error. That would help us help you.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,044 Views)