LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access com port at different computer using web server

Hi....

I have some problem here..I have connected a device at computer A using serial com port. I want to run a vi program at computer B and access the com port at computer A in order to read the device register and display  all the register reading at computer B. Can I do that using web server?How can I access a com port at a different computer?...

Can anyone help me to solve this problem..I really need the answer as soon as possible..please...

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,125 Views)

Hi gdah,

ok, new trial. Smiley Happy You can use the webserver function to present your vi, and to change control values. I recommend to use the Event Structure. You can change the com port value over the web and start your program.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,120 Views)

Hi Mike..

How can I know which serial com port are valid at computer A? I mean that if there are COM1..COM5 are valid at computer A, can I directly detect all the com port COM1...COM5 from A at computer B? How I want do that?..sorry..I am new in this topic..Can you give me an example..I want the device can be control at computer B but using serial com port at computer A.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,113 Views)
Hi gdah,
the program which run on your pc B can read which ports are available. Show them in a control and the user can select in the Browser which port he want to use. Use the "VISA Find Resource" function to list the available ports. Connect a constant to the "modus" input and find out which one you need.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,107 Views)