cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how plot tow graph simultaneously in one window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have 2 (or more) array which one of them is known and the other is calculated during the running mode continously ( not batch). the last one is not as the same dimension as the known array untile the end . I use a block titled Build Array Function to concatenate them and send them to a waveform graph. the problem is that for sences that the second array elements are not calculated and ready in the graph presentation i see zero instead.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1
If I understand you correctly, what you can do is initialize an array with NaN and replace an element when it is acquired. When you use the build array, both arrays must be the same size so one gets padded with zeroes as you've seen. A NaN value does not get plotted.
Message 2 of 15
(3,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1

Why not use this approach: 

- Known Array - bundle this and the X-axis data

- Unknown array - bundle this and the x-axis data

- Use build array for both of the above and pass to X-Y graph and that should not plot any more zeros for unknown data

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
Message 3 of 15
(3,512 Views)

do you know, how can I copy a part of constant array to another part of that? because, it is some difficult past one by one in array.(please check attached picture)

SK8 

do you know:

how can I make a varible array size? and how write data in? because my I should write varible size data in an array, and then plot that.

------------------------------

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,492 Views)
Sorry, I don't understand your question and your image does not mean anything to me. Show your block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,469 Views)
I think your learning would be much more efficient if you started to use the available resources to learn LabView. Of course you can ask for help here, and people can help if you get stuck with a VI, but if you ask every little very basic things, it is just going to be painfully slow. You should learn the basics of LabView, including shift registers and array manipulations. Do you have access to the Core1 self-paced online training?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,454 Views)
I cannot edit my prev post. I have checked you picture, that array constant is just insane. You really need a training, the forum is a very good place to support the learning curve, but not as a standalone source.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,445 Views)

Hi 

I have no special code. my mean is:

1- for example, I have an array size 1*15. now, how can I copy element 1 to 5 and past it to another array? 

(please check the new picture) 

2- my second question is about SK8 post. he talk about boundle. but I dont know about varible size Initialized frequently?

thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Blokk

I understand you. but I read two book untill now. but I couldnt find all of my necessary (as your opinion, basic) information in the books. I dont like loss of time for each question too.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,415 Views)
I still don't understand what you want. Your original post/image shows two plots. That implies 2 separate 1D arrays combined with the build array. I would imagine that the array you say is created in 'running mode' would be using a shift register and adding a single point at a time. There would no need at all to copy from one array to another. How did you create the graph in the first post? Your last image had no code at all.
Message 9 of 15
(3,396 Views)
A book can be a good side help, but it is not an efficient way to learn LV, IMO. For me the best help was the online available Core 1-2-3, etc training videos.
Message 10 of 15
(3,382 Views)