From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how open tab control, by click on an object?

Solved!
Go to solution

tnx a lot Zwired1

I understood that by your good guidance. I used output of scan string to invisible some tab control in diffrence situation too, by your good idea.

jusu I couldnt understand about scan string. may you explain that? it search "Tank" and used number in the string. for example:

input > Tank 5

output> 5

it delete string?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(427 Views)

Think of it as "parsing instructions".  If you know the form of the string that you want to parse (in this case it is always the word "Tank " followed by a number) you can tell it to output specific parts of the string and handle some of the datatype conversions at the same time.  

Note that if the input string does not match the parsing instructions the function will throw an error so in general you should account for that and be able to handle the outputs not being populated properly.  I got lazy in the VI I sent you but if you added another control called "tank 5" (and added it to the Event) the scan from string would cause an unhadled error.

Message 22 of 22
(416 Views)