LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how open tab control, by click on an object?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have a problem with labview, can you help me?

I want open a tab control object, to import some property in an array. but, I want open it, when I click on an object like a tank.(actually, first, it is invisible and by click on the object, will be visible)

how can I do it?

I think, I can do it, with a push button or a switch with same size to a tank or any object I use, but with invisible color! is it possible or any new suggestion?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,620 Views)

What is a "tab control object"?

What is the meaning of "open"?

What is "import a property"?

You can probably use a mouse down event .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,600 Views)

I attached a picture in the last post.

tab control is an object in the containers pallet in control parts. it is a page with desierd number of tabs. in my project, it contain an array that I can write numbers in. this numbers are my property. I invisible tab control at first. I want visible it,  when click on the tank or other objects. could I explain better?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,593 Views)

I know what a tab ontrols is, I just did not understand the "open" part. A tab control is not something that can be opened or closed.

Numbers are the values of the array. The word properties does not sound right in this context.

As I said, you can use an event structure. Create a mouse-down event on the tank and change the visible property of the tab control when it happens..

Message 4 of 22
(3,581 Views)

tnx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,573 Views)

See if the attachment  helps the conversation along.  Clicking on the top two buttons will show tab1 or tab 2 and you won't have to have the tabs visible.  You could just as easily use a mouse down event from your tank control / indicator.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,549 Views)

tnx Zwired1

.but I have a lot of these tanks. i want have a beauty page that user choose each tank, set property, and then close property node. I want increase it's grace.

can you explain mouse down event? and how it work? is it suitable for my goal?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,541 Views)

It seems you may be planning on having a tab for every one of a large number of tanks?  I would generally recommend against doing that.  What is easier from a programming and maintenance standpoint is to have one set of indicators/controls and change the information you display when the user clicks on a different tank.  You might consider keeping the information for a tank in a cluster and then all of the info for all of the tanks could be kept in an array of these clusters. 

Please read the help files for event structures. That should answer your questions about "mouse down" more completely than I ever could.

Message 8 of 22
(3,528 Views)

Is not possible invisible color of button or swithch?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,495 Views)

Certainly it is possible.  Hold down <shift> and right click on your front panel to bring up the auto tool and select the paint brush.

How does this relate to your earlier questions?  Are you wanting to put an invisible Boolean(s) over the top of the tank control(s)?  You should use the tank's "mouse down" event instead.  Note, this is one advantage of the "mouse down" event -- you do not need a value change for the event to fire (and therefore the clicked-on object to could also be an indicator).

Message 10 of 22
(3,488 Views)