From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is array written with digital I/O card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, kind of new to Lab View but I am looking at some old Lab View code that has an 8 bit integer array with 8 values in it that is connected to a write DIO VI.  Just a few questions, is there a way to tell if the write DIO VI is an Lab View Vi or a VI created by a user? Also the DIO card is the NI PCI 6533 card, 32 bits  and there is the 8 bit integer array has 8 elements in it so would the the card first write out the first 4 elements at the same time (bits 0-7 first element, bits 8-15 second element, ect) and then the last 4 elements of the array or would the write DIO VI have to execute twice, once for the first 4 values and again for the last 4?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,235 Views)

Hi,

why don't you attach your old LabVIEW code?

Why don't you give the full name of the VI? Maybe it's an old "Traditional DAQ" VI?

"a way to tell if the write DIO VI is an Lab View Vi or a VI created by a user?"

Maybe by reading the context help for the VI? Sometimes there is a note who programmed the VI...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,224 Views)

Thanks for the response, looks like it is a custom vi.  Just wondering if you know what control to use to provide a user text list but have the selection be an integer value, like a drop down list box and the first selection is a 1, second a 2 and so on.  I found the text control but looks like it sets a string value based on  the selection. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author svt4cobra6

Hi,

use a ring with non-sequential values...

Showing pictures or even better actual code would greatly help to give good advice! Right now we only can guess, what you're talking about...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,201 Views)

thanks for the additional information, I found a listbox that has I 32 in the diagram so thinking this will do what I want.  Unfortunately the computer I am working on is at a different location than this one but will post a diagram when I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,191 Views)