LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i get

Hi there I am also suffering error no is 1073807194. I discovered this error by highlighting the execution the error start at the error out terminal at the visa serial module.Actually I am sending the real time parameters from one laptop to another wirelessly using Xbee module for example I was testing by sending positive and negative peak of a noisy signal. It worked perfectly then it did'nt worked i.e the Tx & Rx did not glow on Xbee then i Highlight the execution and found error 1073807194. can any one please guide me Thanx very much in advance... I m also attatching the file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,723 Views)

Just to repeat what I stated in the other thread you tried to hijack...

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF00A6) The connection for the given session has been lost.

Looks like your virutal serial port (Xbee) got disconnected.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,700 Views)

I recommend that you open NI MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer, should be an icon on your Desktop) and attempt to open communication with your XBee.  MAX will allow you to choose the COM port, the serial settings, and will also allow you to do Reads and Writes and determine if you are getting what you expect.  Use this to set (as constants -- you don't want the User to change them by changing a Front Panel control) the VISA Configure Serial Port function (which will make your VI much simpler).  

In your While loops, I would recommend using ORs to combine the two Error lines and the Stop button to drive the Stop Indicator of the While loop -- this will force your program to exit if/when it encounters an Error.  You can also wire the Error line to the selector of a Case structure (in which case the two choices are "Error" and "No Error") and output a message such as "Error following VISA Configure function" in the Error case so you'll know when it fails.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,689 Views)