LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you stop LV uninstaller targeting certain parts of multi installer?

Hi All,

I hope someone can give me some advice. I am trying to create an installer that will include multiple applications (a dev suite if you like). When someone installs one of my applications it will always include a launcher application (think of it as MAX for LV installs, every install includes MAX if you don't have it). The issue is as follows:

If I install my 2 applications using my single installer and then want to uninstall just 1 of the applications it will remove both. How do I prevent this from happening? Or how do I get the installer to place the 2 applications under different targets in the Windows "programs & features" page?

Cheers in advance!

-Larry

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,011 Views)

Hey Larry!
How’s things?

I have had a look into it:

One possible workaround would be to create a separate installer for each app. Then have one master installer that installs these installers to some temporary directory and set them to autorun. This would allow for app-specific uninstallers.

If you fancy getting your hands dirty then there is the app builder API which can be found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\AppBuilder\

This API gives you much more control over building applications and installers and hopefully will allow you to achieve this functionality.

Examples on its use can be found here:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35967

It is important to note that the API and examples are not officially supported by National Instruments.

Good luck!

Tim, CLD, CTD
National Instruments (UK & Ireland)
(1,983 Views)