LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you record audio from microphone and store it as a wav file on the computer

Hi the program I have attached is supposed to take recording from the microphone or anything connected to the computer through the microphone jack and then save the recording as a wav file on the computer. I have no idea what is wrong. Iam new to Labview so any help would be appreciated. I don't mind if anyone would change up what I have attached and reattach it cause I need to have that program done really soon. Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(6,622 Views)
There is no way for us to know what to change and/or fix if you don't tell us what's wrong. What happens when you run the VI? Do you get an error? If so, what does the error message say?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(6,604 Views)
I get an error 4823 when it hits sound input read. I don't know why.. Thnxs for replying
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(6,586 Views)
It works perfectly fine with a single sound acquisition in it. Why do you have the Express VI as well as the Sound Input Read? That appears to be code that you addd from an example you found.
Message 4 of 19
(6,568 Views)
what do you mean a single sound acquisition? If it's a simple mistake..do you mind deleting what is not needed and reattaching the code. I'm new to Labview and it'll be greatly appreciated if you could do that.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(6,563 Views)

As well the error you encounter will occur if you are running in debug, the read will not clear the buffer fast enough.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(6,560 Views)
then what should I do?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,549 Views)
What you have is the Acquire Sound Express Vi and a Sound Input Vi's. You only need one of these to provide the data. Both express vi's are can be removed as they are not wired into the wav file write. You can add a waveform graph inside the while loop to verify the sound is being recorded.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,543 Views)

sry but how would you add a waveform and where exactly

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(6,532 Views)

don't mind the last response i had on there. I got that part. I still get the error 4823 when it hits sound input read. I don't know why?

Thnxs for replying

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(6,527 Views)