LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you create a type definition for an enumeration

Solved!
Go to solution

My final example using each of the type definitions you were kind enough to show me how to do.

I opened a new control, put an ENUM on it, set the control/typedef/stricttypedef option to typedef...saved it then moved it onto the block diagram, changed it to a constant and used it to define the queue, and all other instances where a queue might need to access a state in the ENUM type definition.  I can edit the type definition of the ENUM to add and delete states.

I opened a cluster on the front panel, moved two sliders into it, then went to the edit control and selected the customize control option.  Set the control/typedef/stricttypedef option to typedef.  Used the definition on the block diagram to be the input to the bundle by name which created the type defined structure for all the variables associated with the sliders.

So, run the vi...  It comes up, initializes the states of the sliders, goes to the update state and updates the indicators, then goes to the idle state.  pressing other buttons causes the other states to be entered, but all of them but state 3 proceed to the "idle state".

This has been incredibly helpful.

Next...I need to work on error trapping and handling using an error handling case structure with queue...Hope you guys are up for that.

Thanks again...

Hummin' along again.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(1,234 Views)