From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i wire a sensor to my daq having pulse output

Hi all

I am using NI 6229 BNC DAQ and i have a flowmeter which is giving me pulse as output.

In attachment i am sending the datasheet of sensor.

How can i wire it to my daq

Please help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,140 Views)

The Digital Inputs of the 6229 probably want TTL signals (0v = off, 5v = on).  If you provide 10v power to your sensor and use a "divide-by-2" resistor network for its output, you should have the digital signal that you need.  Wire it to one of the Digital Input lines.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,114 Views)

The Digital Inputs of the 6229 probably want TTL signals (0v = off, 5v = on).  If you provide 10v power to your sensor and use a "divide-by-2" resistor network for its output, you should have the digital signal that you need.  Wire it to one of the Digital Input lines.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,112 Views)

Hello, can you tell me which the expected output of this sensor is, is it Analog or Digital? This is because depending on that that’s how you wire the signal to the device.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,074 Views)
Hi lcgse88 sensor has pulse output. i need to wire it to counter input on my daq. i am not familiar with this kind of input. Thats the reason of my trouble
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,064 Views)
Duplicate - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-convert-square-waves-to-a-physical-data/m-p/3149985

There are more than enough threads you have started on the same subject.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,055 Views)
Digital or counter? i cannot decide to start
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,047 Views)