LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i use DAQmx to generate a PWM?

I'm using Labview 8 and im trying to generate a PWM vi on a computer and then transfer to a motor help anyone???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,282 Views)

In LabVIEW, find examples, Go to Hardware input/ output>>DAQMX>>Control>>General folder. Here, you will find two exmple programs PWM Analog output.VI and PWM Digiital output.vi.

Using Relevant "DAQ Card", you can do PWM on a 'computer' . Smiley Wink

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,277 Views)
Thanks how would i configure a DAQ's I/O pins in Labview?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,257 Views)

Echeese,

You specify which physical pins you are going to use with the “Physical Channel” input to the DAQmx Create Channel.vi. If you take a look at the examples that Devchander pointed you to, you will see this vi as the first vi on the left. These physical channels are mapped to certain pins on your DAQ card. These pin outs can be found in the manual associated with your DAQ card. If you are using a DAQmx compatible board then you can find these pinouts in the NI-DAQmx help manual installed with your DAQ drivers. If you have trouble finding this document, take a look at the following KB, it describes where you can find them installed.

-GDE

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,240 Views)
i got the pwm to output but when i try to change the frequency or duty cycle on a physical o scope it doesnt update i attached the pwm file. could someone look at my vi to see if  it was something wrong with it i havent tried using a different o scope
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,233 Views)

Please look at the example devchnandler suggested.  It shows how to do exactly what you are looking for.

StuartG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,220 Views)