LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i measure exact value of resistance measurement in DAQ-6224

I want to measure resistance measurement in DAQ-6224 in power off  condition (I.E cold test condition such as using mulitimeter) . I have Gone  into MAX or the DAQ Assistant and setup a DAQmx Task. In (Measurement and Automation Explorer), right click on Data Neighborhod and select Create New. Select NI-DAQmx Task. From there, select Acquire Signals > Analog Input > Resistance. Selected  the 6224  module and the appropriate channel(s) i  want to connect up to. The next window will be the channel configuration window. By default, 2-wire mode i have  selected. At the bottom of that screen,  i have  seen  "Connection Diagram". By running the program its not showing the exact measurement value always it showing different values .how to over come these problem ? can any one suggest with exact example Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,258 Views)

Can you show your full DAQmx channel setup?  Measuring resistance can be a somewhat tricky  experience.  It only takes 1 wrong setting to mess it all up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

Just played around with a simulated 6224.  That device does not have an internal excitation.  Therefore, you will need an external constant current source to supply the current across your resistor.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,235 Views)