From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I set multiple pattern matching Vi's and make overlapping pattern matches to count as one?

Hello! I'm a student and I'm currently making a project using pattern matching.
My patterns are from chick foot/feet.
I'm  created multiple pattern matching VI's to detect all the feet because I find it difficult/impossible to match all the feet with a single pattern/template.
However, when using multiple pattern matching VI's some pattern matches detect the same foot, hence overlapping.
So how can I make the overlaping pattern matches to be counted as one?
Thank you in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,668 Views)

I imagine you are getting 2D information (pixel #'s, array indexes) every time you get a "match".  Keep a 2D array of counts, initialized to zero and the same size as your array of possible locations, and increment the value every time you get a match.  If multiple pattern matching attempts result in a match a given location in your count array might be "3" but all you care about is if the number is greater than zero.

Message 2 of 3
(2,662 Views)

Thank you for replying Sir Zwired1.

I'm still a newbie in using LabVIEW so pardon me if I can't understand fully
The objective of my project is to detect all the feet through pattern matching and count the pattern matches made.

"Keep a 2D array of counts, initialized to zero and the same size as your array of possible locations, and increment the value every time you get a match. If multiple pattern matching attempts result in a match a given location in your count array might be "3" but all you care about is if the number is greater than zero."

I'm sorry, but how do you do this? BTW, I'm using vision assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,626 Views)