From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I connect a temperature sensor to a DAQ ?

DAQ: USB-6002

Temp Sensor: Tmp36

My USB-6002 just came in the mail and I am trying to use it through labview. I want to use a tmp36 sensor with my DAQ. Can I simply just connect the GND pin to "AI GND" , V+ to "AI 0" , and Vout to "AI 4" ?

tmp36pinout.pngusbDAQinout.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,375 Views)

No.  That is not how you connect it.  Have you read the manual for your sensor device?  Here is a link.  http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/TMP35_36_37.pdf

It needs to be powered between 2.7 and 5.5 V.  It only requires 50 microamps so you should be able to connect V+ to the +5VDC pin of the DAQ card.  Vout would go to AI0.  And GND to AI GND.  (Possibly D GND as well.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,330 Views)

Sure.  It probably won't work that way, though.  What do you think V+ means?  What do you think the pins you plan to connect to are supposed to be used for?  If you know the answer to these questions, and know how your temp sensor works, you'll figure out the correct wiring.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,328 Views)