From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I access indicators in other windows of an event structure?

Let's say I have an indicator in 'case 1' called ON/OFF.   How do I get the status or value of ON/OFF if I'm in case 2?

or - if this seems like a ridiculous question, am I missing some sort of important concept about how event structures work?

thanks
-z
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,225 Views)
Depending on what it is you need the status of the "ON/OFF" in the other case for, you could just use a Local Variable...that is, if you simply need the status of ON/OFF.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,215 Views)
Local variables are certainly an option.  Property nodes are another, but both of which are probably the least recommended around here.

You can use shift registers, but then you have to be careful about where you update your indicator.  Unless you've got a ton of these that need updating, that's the way I'd go.

Place your indicators outside the event structure and then just make sure you wire everything through every case (otherwise you'll end up with the default value of your indicator's type).  See the image...  I think it's more clear than my words can be.

Message Edited by Will.D on 10-31-2006 04:16 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,187 Views)