From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can use a boolean input for the set start time of Elepsed time?

Dear NI community,

My problem: i've got a CompactRio and the signal is boolean in labview.

so i wanted to measure the elepsed time on one of the signals with the ''elepsed time'' function

but if you want to set the start time you need to have a DBL signal. so my question is: in what way is it possible to use a boolean signal on this input (it is a square wave)

Kind regards,

N.asrihelapsed time.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,137 Views)

Have you tried wiring a boolean into the reset input?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,113 Views)

I am confused.

What is a "DBL singnal for the Start time"? VI input is time, it has nothing to do with type of signal you are measuring and any measurements in general. 

What is "elapsed time on one of the signals"?

Is it time you have been acquiring it?

Is it time digital signal has been on? What are the signal properties in this case? Is it periodic? What time range, with what precision do you need to measure?

In this configuration express vi output Elapsed time (s) shows what time has passed after it has been called with Reset = true. You are using this vi to measure time interval, so time target, set start time do not matter.

This vi can be used to measure duration of the digital pulse, but to advise we need your vi to see how you acquire data. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,107 Views)