LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can read and process data uploded from a datalogger on a network with labview

hello evryone.

i have a agilent datalogger 34972a data acquire temperature reading and makes them availlable on a network. i would like to acess this data on a pc running labview, analyse and prsent them. my problem is that i am not quite sure how to tell labview acquire this specific data.

any help would really help me getting started.

thanks already.

Yann

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,369 Views)
Without details on how the data is being published to the network, it is impossible to say.

One option is to connect to the instrument with LabVIEW. There is a driver available. Use Help> Find Instrument Drivers to install it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,359 Views)

Are you

1. Running the Agilent stand alone (or using Benchlink) and writing data to a file on the network ?
  2. Do you want to use LabView to control the networked data logger and aquire data? 

If you are doing #1 then you can not use LabView because the Agilent (and Benchlink) strores data in a proparitary format.

You have to use Benchlink to export the data to a CSV file before any other program besides Benchlink can read it.

If you want to do #2 then you simply access the Agilent through VISA just like if it were connected using USB, Serial, or GPIB. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,345 Views)

Good day Man.

thanks for your answere.

i actually want to go for options 2. the dataloger is at a remote location and i connect to it using a ethernet with a network switch.if i followed you, i just have to get labview to recognise it as an instrument connected to the PC.let say i had other devices such PC  on that network would labview differentiate them and only reconise the specific datalogger using the agilent drivers and ni-visa.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,327 Views)

Use the IP address of the Agilent. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,311 Views)