LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i transmit a digital signal wirelessly in labview?

i need to connect my xigbee com port to labview to send a signal to microcontroller atmega 2560 wirelessly give me suggestions

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,502 Views)

A colleague of mine just showed me what looks like a cable with a USB connector on one end and wires on the other that costs $20.  Inside the USB plug housing is some logic that takes the RS-232 signals coming in on the wires (there are about 6 or 7 wires, and I think most of the signals on a standard DB9 connector are there) and converts them to something that LabVIEW sees as a VISA port.  I watched him stream VISA data at some insane Baud rate, possibly in the megaBaud range (certainly faster than the low six-digits I've ever used).  I don't think he was talking to a Xigbee, but to some other microprocessor -- the principle's the same.  I'm sure if you do a Web search for a similar gadget you'd find it (or something equivalent).

BS

P.S. -- the reason I know about it is he came to me to ask "How do I get LabVIEW to get the data from this microprocessor?  I've got this gadget to take serial to USB -- can I use LabVIEW to read the serial data?"  The answer was, of course, "Sure ..."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,474 Views)