LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I stabilize the DAQ output to four decimal places

I have a daq 6009. I sent a optical signal. DAQ provides a output which varies in 3rd  decimal place. I done averaging all using a program which I'am attaching with this. So can you please help me in this regard 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,616 Views)

If you take a look at the 6009 specification, http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371303m.pdf  you’ll see that the analogue output is 12 bits, at 5 volts range the smallest theoretical resolution will be 0.00125v. Then when you take a look at the Absolute accuracy you’ll see that it’s typically 7 mV.

If your looking for 4 decimal places of accuracy you will have to look for a higher spec. device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,585 Views)

so through programs we can't make it much stabler than now can you please sent some help such that the DAQ will be stable . Please reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,566 Views)

I’m afraid I don’t know enough details to recommend a suitable card. If you take a look at the available DAQ cards in ‘Products and Services’ you can check the specifications online. You could also contact your local NI sales for advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,547 Views)

answer not matches with my question .Please read the question?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,540 Views)

You need to find a DAQ with a lower Absolute Accuracy.

Also, looking at the spec, you can get a better accuracy with a Differential measurement than you can with a RSE.  Apparently the RSE only works in the +-10V range.  By changing to a differential, you can get down to a +-1V range.  That will help your resolution a little bit.  Just wire the ground to the - terminals on the DAQ.

Another issue could be noise in the system.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,535 Views)