LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I sample 1 KHz asynchronous data using a PXI 6229

I have a 1 KHz data flow demodulated from a radio and want to compare it with the modulated data. The radio receiver is connected to a PXI-5650 generator. Checking the data with a scope I see the pattern demodulating. Just not sure how to optimize the dio (PXI-6229) checking  the data. Doing a sort of simple BERT and the longer  the record the better.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,048 Views)
  • Where's your VI?  (Don't attach a picture, that doesn't help us much).
  • When I search for BERT, I found Ernie.  Sometimes we can figure out cryptic questions from the attached code ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,007 Views)

Ernie? Not Albert? 🙂

(I guess BERT stands for "Bit error rate test").

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,001 Views)

Bob

Sorry the question was a bit vauge. A BERT is a bit error rate tests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_error_rate

A comman metric used to confirm a radio transmission.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,962 Views)

Could you not create a task to measure the frequency and see when it increases then count that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,943 Views)

The frequency would not be consistent mesuring the data stream. I would vary with the data pattern. And obviously not work with all 0's or all 1's. I think I need to trigger a sampling clock starting with the first data transition.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,920 Views)

Here is a diagram of what I need to do.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,902 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,881 Views)

Yes, thanks. That's a bit different I think. It's doing a BERT on deserialized (//) data. My data is serial modulated, then demodulated to serial. I would like to check the demodulated serial data against the data that was modulated (i.e. PRBS, all 1's, ....etc). But need to sync the DAQ to sample deterministically.

Thanks, Michael

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,839 Views)

So is your question specific to synchronization?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,823 Views)