LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I lock the Labview program in runing mode?

@behzad1 wrote:

thank you all friends

actually, I want monitor some water tank and temperature. but, these tanks have some properties like heigh,area, activation and so on...

some of them should be changeable by operator every time, like: is it active or not? and some of them shouldnt changeable by operator and need pasword or like this. your suggestion is very good but lock all of page. by the way, may be some of monitoring be unchangeable, but user should be click on to watch them(and not change it). have you new or complementary suggestion?

-> I want make an installer of my code in Labview program.

Best Regards

The solution is already shown, see my first VI example. You can decide which control to lock via a property node, so not all controls...

By the way, I do not get what this means:

"by the way, may be some of monitoring be unchangeable, but user should be click on to watch them(and not change it)."

If you have indicators (you say monitoring, which means indicator to me), you do not need to block/disable those: they are not controls.

Message 11 of 14
(624 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

If you have indicators (you say monitoring, which means indicator to me), you do not need to block/disable those: they are not controls.

I mostly agree with you, but keep in mind, an indicator can still have right click menu options, which would be disabled if the control is disabled, or disabled and grayed out.  Maybe a more robust subVI could be made, which disables or enables controls and indicators based on a label.  Attached is a version that does that with the help of a subVI.  This way indicators can be disabled, and controls can be disabled and grayed out or enabled based on the label names independently.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(592 Views)

"but keep in mind, an indicator can still have right click menu options"

oh, I see what you mean! 🙂 I imagine there is a chart indicator, and you can still make trouble like clearing the info from it. You are right, indicators should be also disabled in some cases to protect the on-screen info for example...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(574 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

oh, I see what you mean! 🙂 I imagine there is a chart indicator, and you can still make trouble like clearing the info from it. 

Yup, that's why the VI I just posted had a waveform chart with some random data, which demonstrates this.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(570 Views)