LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I generate 1 khz PID control loop with PCI-6221card?

Hi, I've just bought a PCI-6221 (68 pin) card. I am trying to do a motor controller with this card.
I produce a PWM output with the one counter. The PID controller has 1 input wich is an analog reading.
The whole controle loop is include in a timed-loop function.

I try (and need) to run loop at a frequency of 1 kHz, but a receive some error message saying that
my program (build in labview) is'nt able to follow the hardware clock. I try to reduce speed to 500 Hz. The program works
for a while (~30 s) then same error happen. Reducing to 200 Hz (wich is way to slow for my application), the error still happens
after a minute or so.

It looks likes their is an overflow somewhere.. or something like that. Is anyone has succed in doing a 1 kHz controller with 1
analog input and 1 counter output? Anyone could share a program that works well a this loop speed?

My computer is a 2.4 GHz with 500 Mb of RAM. When running my application, the cpu works at 30%.

Thanks!

Marc-Antoine
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,338 Views)
Pleas have a look at my answers to similar questions in the forum Here, here and here.
The bottom line is that you will never get a reliable control solution on a Windows system.

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,329 Views)