LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I control my step motor

I am using a 6006-DB 3-mothor driver and a NEMA step motor model 405-SM, both from AMSI corp. I would like to control my step motor using LabVIEW. We use the LV. 5.1.1 version and we have a PCI-MIO-16E-40 as adquisition card.
The sistem I want to built is to control my step motor and while turning detect the intesity variation on a photodetector which is conected to my adquisition card.

I wonder if somebody has an idea how to do that.

Thank you in advance

Daniel Hernandez
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,369 Views)
I checked on the AMSI Corp. website and I found a 6007-DB 2-Motor Driver: http://www.amsicorp.com/6007_db.html

I noticed that this model used the parallel port to control the motors. If you motor driver only needs 8 digital TTL level signals to control the motors, then you can use the 8 digital lines on your PCI-MIO-16E board to control the motor driver and write the code that controls these lines in LabVIEW.

Also, you can use one of the Analog inputs on the board to read the level of the analog voltage from photodetector.

In order to use the eight digital lines on your DAQ card, you will need to know if you only need 8 lines to control the motors. Then you need to get the command protocol from AMSI so that you know what values you need to send on the
se digital lines to get the motor to react as you wish.

In a control loop written in LabVIEW, you could then be continually reading the intensity from the photodetector using the analog inputs and adjusting the speed and direction of the motors using the digital output lines.
Message 2 of 7
(3,366 Views)
Ok I understood, I can use my PCI-MIO-16E card to control my steper motor driver, I will try to do that. But, if I use a DB-25 connector, how can I use my PCI card??

I was thinking to use the parallel port, directly, to conect my steper motor driver.

I attache some VI someone passed me. (It use a Setbit.vi and out port.vi)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,366 Views)
Hey help me please, a need of the setbit.vi!!! OK I´m waiting!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,305 Views)
Hello,

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the VI you are speaking of. Can you please reply with more detailed information? What does this VI do, is it a part of the motion package, and what is your application attempting to do?

Any information you can provide would certainly help!

Thanks,

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,283 Views)
Hello,
I am doing the similar work in my experimental setup. However, I am using GPIB card to control the stepper motor (mine is from Newport UTM25PP.1 motor and ESP 300 controller). I am using GPIB read and write,but you may use visa read and write in place of that. Also my photodiode is using RS232 connection and I am using serial communication. You may again use visa here. I am almost done with coding of application with only a minor error which I would be able to sort out in couple of days.
However, I think that looking at my code may help u. If so, please write me an email at

dushyantkumar1@rediffmail.com

I would not be able to answer you or send the code before the weekend.

Hope that will help
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,277 Views)

well i want to detect whether a  stepper motor is good or not , so how to realize it .

As a man you should be ....
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,962 Views)