LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I completely disable the scan engine%3F

Is there a way that I can completely disable the rio scan engine from my cRIO-9068? I'm not using it and would like to remove it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,065 Views)

@Southern_Cross wrote:

Is there a way that I can completely disable the rio scan engine from my cRIO-9068? I'm not using it and would like to remove it. 

I think you just have to make sure your project is not using it.  I don't remember if there is an extra software you can uninstall from MAX to remove the scan engine as well.  I do not have the materials with me to check.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,043 Views)

As long as you are not using, you should be able to then remove it as software @ crossrulz, yes the scan engine is software installed to the device which can be removed (especially if you are using the FPGA).

I believe two components are installed with it (Serial and Scan Engine), go into NI MAX, go to remote system, find your device, right click software and select install/change. Then at the dialog box of software selection, uncheck the NI Scan Engine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,944 Views)