From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high speed data logger and viewer

Hi:

I have a instrument connected to serial port, which send data to the PC one way, all the time at 115k. (no command or request from PC).I am using labview to read serial port at 115k and save the data the disc. I would also want to view the data at the same time and it seems my programs can not handle this. For now, I have wrote the program to read and save the data every 30 s in a seperate file, it seems I can not get all the data this way, the data is not complete, and some are missing. i am not sure if the program runs slow, or the processing is not fast enough to get all the data.I have attached the file to this message. thanks you in advance.

wk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)
wk,

first I recommend to slice your code into 2 or 3 independent running loops. Look for the producer-consumer examples.

1. While loop collect data from RS232 (have you tried to increase the read buffer?) and use an initialized queue to send the raw data to the

2.loop that write the data to file(s) and send (via queue) a reduced data stream to a

3. display vi.

Try to run loop 1+2 not in the vi that run your display

search the knowledge base and your help file for speed (treat) and memory performance
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,207 Views)