LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high speed buffer DAQ

Hi

I' m using a CRIO 9012 along with NI9215 for high speed data acquisition. I used the example given by NI ( http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3268/en/ ). However, I got strange results. Could you help me to find out the problem ? In the attached pic I used low voltage source but even at higher voltages , the same happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,155 Views)

Hi UserLab,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. Before I can give a solution I was hoping you could provide me with some further information. Could you let me know what chassis you are using with the cRIO 9012 and NI 9215 module. Also the 9215 is a 4 channel analog input module, could you please describe what you have connected to the module and the expected behaviour. 

Hopefully together we can resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Soloman

Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,077 Views)

Hello

I am using a CRIO9102 chassis. The problem is when I run the VI I measure with much descrepancy from the expected value. Fon instance in the attached pic below I measure 5V DC. I am not sure about the aquisition speed performance of this crio.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,059 Views)

Hi

I would like to know if the high speed buferred aquisition can be done by a 9012 controller and 9102 chassis. Any help ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,994 Views)

Your problem is how you are transferring the data from the FPGA to the RT.  You should be using a DMA FIFO to send the data directly to the RT.  This will make things A LOT more efficient and you won't be losing data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,970 Views)