LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding mouse cursors

Solved!
Go to solution

How do i go about doing this (titled mentioned)?

I found https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17854 but it's not working that well for me as it stills needs a show control to control the show/hiding of cursors.

my specification is such that at a left click, it will hide by itself, once i stop (which will be a right click), the cursor will be back

Attached VI has a calling of library node (which is the showing and hiding of cursors)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,348 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean by needing a show control, but you can trap mouse up and down events anywhere.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,341 Views)

For the show control (according to the website posted) it needs "Show" control to be 0 and return type to be less than 1 to hide, while to unhide it, you need to run the VI again  with "Show" control to be 1 and return type to be more than 0, which is not really intended for my main VI which needs to automatically do it instead of pressing the control.

So i'm looking/open to any suggestions to show/hide my cursor with the above specification.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,337 Views)

That is an obnoxious VI and I don't recommend anyone to run it.  It certainly hides the mouse cursor.  That is a horrible user interfaces.

I had to blindly close out all of LabVIEW  (because the cursor is missing in all of the LabVIEW windows, not just this VI's) in order to be able clear out the cursor setting and have it back again.

I suggest you rethink whatever it is your are trying to do so there is a friendlier user interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,328 Views)

I see.... well, i just took it from example by NI, still working on the interface for this

So do you have any suggestion for hiding the cursors? with the specification.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,324 Views)

Workaround Attached.

Left Click = Hide

Right Click = Show

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,314 Views)

Hi, Able to downgrade to labview 2010? I'm using 2010

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,299 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent94
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,297 Views)

Hahah 1 more favour, can you explain your code?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,288 Views)

Basically, it's an Event Structure with While Loop.  The Mouse Down event will be activate when u Click (Left or Right Button) in ur Front Panel

If Left button pressed: "Create Cursor from File" function will create the Invisible Cursor File in Folder (1x1 Pixel size...) and "Set Cursor Function" will load that custom file.

If Right Button Pressed:  "Set Cursor Function" will load the Cursor by ID (Actually 1)... that means the normal cursor will be restored.

Sry for bad english. I'm Brazilian 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,283 Views)