LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden block diagram loop?

Solved!
Go to solution

If they are exiting the loop they won't be broken even if there's nothing attached to them.  If they are ENTERING the loop, then I don't know what to say...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(748 Views)

@bmishoe wrote:

unfortunately I had tried something like that already...the problem is that it doesn't stay highlighted when I abort execution...

This is where VI Analyzer really shines  It will highlight that hidden code and "bring to front" works fine there.  Up the max number of failures reported to "a lot"

The "Dead Code" test will help you too

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 15
(741 Views)

This can happen if you dont have Auto grow enabled and shrink structures, so either Clean up to find it, or enable Autogrow on structures until someone blows up, meaning you've found the culprit.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(699 Views)

One way I use since early days of LabVIEW to discover hidden stuff, is to make sure the VI in question is broken, by dropping down some unwired node that requires a connected input for instance, go into View->Error List, enable the show warnings checkbox and click on the run button of the offending VI. In the list of errors and warnings you now will get lines for every object that is hidden and by clicking on that object can go directly to it with the object selected and highlighted. If it is hidden you will only see an outline and might have to figure out which way to move it with the cursors to get it into a visible area.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 14 of 15
(692 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

One way I use since early days of LabVIEW to discover hidden stuff, is to make sure the VI in question is broken, by dropping down some unwired node that requires a connected input for instance, go into View->Error List, enable the show warnings checkbox and click on the run button of the offending VI. In the list of errors and warnings you now will get lines for every object that is hidden and by clicking on that object can go directly to it with the object selected and highlighted. If it is hidden you will only see an outline and might have to figure out which way to move it with the cursors to get it into a visible area.

Wow!  I forgot that you could move them with the cursors when they are just outlines.  I like the method to track them down, too.  Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 15 of 15
(679 Views)