LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hexadecimal versus octal via serial port

Guys anyone of you can tell if i converted the string to byte array how would i convert the byte array into a decimal number that could be plotted using a waveform chart ?

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(727 Views)
Just wire it. You dont want to convert the array. each element needs to plotted.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(724 Views)

Thank you Dennis 

could you please tell me what is the format of the following string please : JGB>:740-

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(720 Views)

Sorry, I don't have any idea what you mean.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(707 Views)

Dear 

thank you very much for trying to help . I actually followed your instruction by using the string to byte array function and connected it directly to the waveform chart and it works very well and that's because the information you provided to me . Thanks alooooot !!!!

I am just having a little problem with the result and i think you will also be helpful as you always used to be . here is my problem .

i actually attached 3 pictures showing the results i have got ..

picture number 1 shows exactly how the ECG signal must look like and that's perfect . but if you could take a closer look at the picture number 2 and then 3 you can notice that the peaks of the signal are getting close to each other because the signal subsides at the left , and after a while the ECG signal will be hard  see. but it doesnt mean that that i am not getting good results. 

i hope i made the idea clear.

ANY help with that Dear ? 

Bill David
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(706 Views)

Hi!

I think you can solve this little issue by setting the update mode of the chart correctly:

Rgiht click on the chart >> Advanced >> Update mode (And choose the suitable after trying them.) 

And I think you should disable autoscaling of the X axis:

Right click on chart >> X Scale >> Auto scale X (disable it)

Best Regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(676 Views)

@Bildavid wrote:

picture number 1 shows exactly how the ECG signal must look like and that's perfect . but if you could take a closer look at the picture number 2 and then 3 you can notice that the peaks of the signal are getting close to each other because the signal subsides at the left , and after a while the ECG signal will be hard  see. but it doesnt mean that that i am not getting good results. 

What you are seing is a combination of the x-autoscaling setting as well as the chart history lenght.

First of all, don't set the x-axis to autoscale, but set it to display a fixed number of points.

Second, set the chart history size to exactly how many points you want to display at any given time (right-click...chart history lenght). Most likley you don't want to keep a huge history and be able to scroll back to much earlier times.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(649 Views)