cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hermitian of 1-D array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi every one .

I should multiply  hermitian of array A (for example) to A. for hermitian of one dimention array , I can use conjugate and transverse but unfortunately transverse is for 2 -D array. I read some posts befor that transverse of 1 dimentional array doesnot have meaning but when I want to multiply hermitain array A to A , it has some meaning.

Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,492 Views)

Also if anyone knows the output of Zherk??? I confuse what is C in that VI? I thought the output is Hermitian A or...

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,490 Views)

How do you define a Hermitian on a one-dimensional array?  Every definitiion I have seen requires a 2-D array.

The description of zherk in the detailed help file seems to be quite explicit. What do you not understand?

Edit: A quick test shows that it will run with A being a 2-D matrix with 1 row and C beinb a 2D matrix with 1 row and 1 column.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,476 Views)

I do not understand that what is the output of zherk. 

I want to multiply hermitian of A to A. how should I do that? 

hermitian meand transpose and conjugate but transpose input is just for 2 D array. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uni-pixel

All you need to do is to change your 1D array into a 2D array, then transpose it.

Hermitian.png

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 14
(3,414 Views)

your answr is something else.

I want to multiply hermitian of 1D array to 1D array.

some one please help.

BR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,405 Views)

you mean buid array change 1D array to 2 dimention array ? what is the content of the secon dimetion?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,396 Views)

If you run my program, you'll see that "Row Array" is a 1-row, 5-column array having the numbers 0 .. 4, while "Column Array" is a 5-row, 1-column array having the numbers 0 .. 4.  Think of them as "Row Vector" and "Column Vector".

These are both 2D arrays.  How are you doing array multiplication?  I assume you realize that, in LabVIEW, an Array is not a Matrix.

BS

Message 8 of 14
(3,383 Views)

thereis another proble. 

when i multiply hermetian A and A , with A*B VI, There is no output. 

so there is a problem and errod. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,371 Views)

if you multply array colum to  one another array, it will be error. 

what should i do at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,360 Views)