From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

hello billko

1)i am trying to get graph of volatge vs current characteristics by supply 5V from multi power supply (MPS 7106) .

2) the device i am using is laser diode driver FL500.

3)i dont have any serial port but i have USB 6009.and i dont have varying source ..my professor told me to get vi graph using  this equipment.

4)i have laser diode driver which has dammy of laser diode and 10 ohm resistor attach...and i connected vs=5v to muti power supply and but i am confused where i sholud connect my vset in usb 6009(whether in input side or output side)....

i am attching my experiment picture please look it ..

thnaksUnbenannt.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 52
(1,349 Views)

this my muti power spply picture photo.php.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 52
(1,348 Views)

Seems to me you have to take care of the hardware setup before you can do anything else.

Your professor wouldn't leave you hanging like this.  He wouldn't just dump a bunch of junk on your desk and say, "here, have at it".  Unless the exercise is to demonstrate what you know of electronics?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 52
(1,333 Views)

hello

thnanks .you ...i will try my best ..

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 52
(1,327 Views)

Don't be afraid to post back when you have the hardware sorted out.  This just isn't the best place to ask for hardware setup.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 52
(1,325 Views)

hi

ok thanks.......i will ask when i finished my hardware part ..thnanks for your time

regrads

abdul

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 52
(1,318 Views)
The 6009 has an analog output. Why aren't you using that for the source?
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 52
(1,304 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
The 6009 has an analog output. Why aren't you using that for the source?

That's find as long as the device needs less than 5mA of current.  If more is needed, then we need to start talking about op-amps and voltage follower amplifiers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 28 of 52
(1,295 Views)
Sorry, forgot the low current output. Still, with an amplifier might be only option if the dc supply mentioned is not programmable. A quick search for the model number did not turn up anything useful.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 52
(1,289 Views)

Moving the discussion back here from the other thread:

Please tell us who makes the laser diode driver. If possible post its specifications or manual. IF you can do what you are trying to do with the equipment you have, this driver will be the key. Since we do not know anything about it, we cannot advise you.

The key to making any program, whether written in LabVIEW or not, is understanding in detail how to do the tasks required. For your V-I charactersistic project you need to knwo how to set the voltage or current applied to the laser diode (or dummy). Until you know how to do that - MANUALLY - you cannot begin to determine how to do it programmatically.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 52
(1,227 Views)