LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with a plot, please!!

Hi again! I'm desperated. I just want plot a good graph and it's impossible for me. I have a complex waveform (Y, t0, dt). In the context help we can read that dt specifies the time between values in the Y array. Well, this dt is good for my work (0.5 us) and I want to plot a graph value per value (so in the x-axis I want to see the data each 0.5 us). It should be an pulse graph that in each point of 0.5 us changes to 0-1 or 1-0. I don't know how to do that. Please, please!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,680 Views)

With a standard waveform datatype that you have (it's not at all complex), you simply wire it to a graph indicator. So, if you are having trouble, perhaps you don't have a waveform datatype, or perhaps you are wiring to a chart, or perhaps any number of other problems that no one can tell because you have not posted your VI or even a snippet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,675 Views)

Sorry. I attached some pics now. The output what I say is the pink output of the conitnuos BB-psk gen.vi. I need to measure the period between each pulse and with this graphs I cannot.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,672 Views)

Your figures indicate you are using a waveform chart for I and Q. Use a waveform graph instead. That pink wire is a cluster. I am assuming that subVI creates a cluster that's t0, deltaT, and Y as the cluster elements. If so, you can connect this directly to a waveform graph (there is also a minor inconvenience in that you have to first connect to a cluster in which Y is DBL instead of CDBL). The limitation is that if the data is complex, then only the real part will be shown. You can simply rebundle the real and imaginary arrays into separate clusters/waveforms to create the individual I and Q graphs. Something like the following, for example:

Note: You have 2 very bad no-nos in your code:

1. You created a greedy loop.
  2. You created an infinite loop where the only way to stop it is to press the Abort button in the toolbar. Very bad.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,653 Views)

ok, thank you very much. I'm new in Labview and I don't know to program good. The problem is that my Y es 1-D array, so first I have to convert it into a DBL format??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,638 Views)

Your Y array is complex DBL. While you can wire it to an araray indicator and see the complex values, if you wire it to a graph it will only graph the real part. You have to graph the real and imaginary separately if you want to use a waveform graph. You were already doing that in the code. All I showed you was the rebundling operation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,626 Views)

I did what you say but the graphs that I get are not good. I want to see each pulse every 0.5 us.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,602 Views)

Well, what is your t0 and dt? Did you put a probe on there? Put a probe on the cluster wire going into that first unbundle operation.

If you still have problems, then right-click on that cluster wire going to that first unbundle operation. Run the VI. Then stop it. Right-click on the indicator that you just created and select Data Operations -> Make Current Value Default. Save the VI and then upload it. This will allow us to see the actual data.

Also, there is no need to unbundle, bundle, and then unbundle again to get to the individual t0, dt, and Y. One unbundle is enough.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,580 Views)

From your use if the "history" propety node in an earlier image, it seems you are using charts instead of graphs. Is that really want you want?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,558 Views)