From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with Array to spreadsheet string

Solved!
Go to solution

James.Morris a écrit :

@ben64 wrote:

Here are 2 ways to do it without loop.

Ben64

EDIT: just realized you want a comma to separate rows, replace the tab by a comma in solution 1. (solution 2 will not work in this case)

What's up with that funky pattern replace VI? I haven't seen that before. This would be my version:

Freelion, it does have a space after the comma because that's what his example output had from OP's original post. The space can be removed, or any delimiter can be put in its place.

Funky? Search and Replace Pattern.vi from tha Additional String Functions palette. This vi accept regular expressions instead of a string as a search pattern. A lot more powerful when you're familiar with regex.

Ben64

Message 11 of 14
(1,102 Views)

@ben64 wrote:
Funky? Search and Replace Pattern.vi from tha Additional String Functions palette. This vi accept regular expressions instead of a string as a search pattern. A lot more powerful when you're familiar with regex.

Ben64

I don't do a whole lot with string parsing (I try to stay away from strings when I can), so I guess it's one of those things that's just evaded me for all these years. Thanks for enlightening me!

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,085 Views)

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. I have marked ben64's reply as the solution as that was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,079 Views)

Here is also my new version below;

format.png

If you do not want space after comma, remove the space from string constant which is right below end of line constant.

Senior Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,068 Views)